World News

Boy, 13, stabbed to death in horror attack in beautiful French holiday town

The brutal killing of a 13-year-old child in the French port city of Marseille has prompted the investigation of two teenage brothers.

The terrible attack, which resulted in the victim’s fatal stabbing, is thought to have been started by the theft of a cap.

As of Sunday, the public prosecutor’s office had accused the two brothers, ages 16 and 13, of murder and tampering with the scene of the crime.

The 16-year-old, accused of murder, was taken into prison on Friday, according to prosecutor Dominique Laurens in a statement to French media.

Read More: Northern Europe destination is a ‘treasure trove’ of ‘natural wonders’

The 13-year-old brother, on the other hand, faces allegations of interfering with the crime scene after reportedly tossing away the knife used in the stabbing.

The horrific incident unfolded on Tuesday evening, at approximately 12:30 am in the Vieux-Port. 

The victim is reported to have been a lone minor, originally from Morocco, whose first name has been given as Wissam.

Don’t miss…
European destination has ‘unique microclimate’[TRAVEL]
British man, 50, dies while hiking at the foot of Mont Blanc[REPORT]
Desperate hunt for missing toddler after he vanished while on family holiday[LATEST]

Wissam is said to have held a history of involvement in gang robberies.

He is said to have attempted to escape but eventually collapsed a few meters away.

Wissam was reportedly left laying motionless and unconscious in the street after being stabbed multiple times.

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

When the fire brigade arrived a few minutes later, they found the teenager in cardiac arrest.

Tragically, despite their efforts, succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead upon arrival at the hospital.

According to eyewitnesses, the weapon was thrown into the river after the incident, and the suspects departed the scene immediately.

Source: Read Full Article