World News

Silent shooter killed himself after deadliest school massacre in US history

The mute killer who committed the deadliest school shooting in the history of the United States committed suicide as cops tried apprehending him after he brutally killed 32 people.

For nearly 10 years, the Virginia Tech shooting was the deadliest mass shooting in modern American history, and to this day remains the deadliest school shooting in the States,

The atrocity was committed by Seung-Hui Cho, a 23-year-old student who killed 32 people and injured a further 17 with two semi-automatic pistols 16 years ago to the day, on April 16 2007.

READ MORE: 'I've got proof the Essex Boys' killers are innocent,' former Met detective claims

The horrific tragedy in 2006 happened in two parts: the first attack occurred in university halls, with Cho killing two people with his pistols.

The second attack saw the sick shooter chaining the main entrance doors to a classroom building before firing into four classrooms and a stairwell.

As police stormed the building, Cho fatally shot himself in the head.

Cho, a student at Virginia Tech University who initially enrolled as a business and IT student, but switched over to English with the intention of being a writer, was seen as an outcast by students and staff alike.

  • Death Row 'Ninja Killer' set to be executed after victim recalls 'traumatic' encounter

A poetry teacher had to remove Cho from her class because of his “menacing” behaviour.

She added that he had a “mean streak” and that his writing was “intimidating”

In the weeks after the shooting, details about Cho’s troubled history and deep mental health problems emerged.

Areportthat investigated the incident revealed that shortly after the horrific Columbine mass shooting in 1999, Cho wrote an essay in his English class expressing “generalized thoughts of suicide and homicide”, and said he “he wanted to repeat Columbine.”

  • 'Hero worship' of killer Raoul Moat 'was absolutely bizarre' says ex-police chief

He was quickly sent to a psychiatrist to assess his mental state.

The psychiatrist diagnosed Cho with major depressive disorder and selective mutism during middle school, and in high school was placed in special education classes under the “emotional disturbance” classification, receiving speech and art therapy for several years.

His mother would try to make him talk but his childhood was described as one of silent.

There were few incidents until several years later, when he took two pistols to his campus on April 16 2007.


  • Beauty queen stripped of crown after brawling with another woman in the street
  • Cleaner in tears from 'pizza-obsessed' hoarder house filled with bottles of p***
  • Rapist who made young victims 'house pets' wearing dog masks and collars jailed

Source: Read Full Article