World News

Boy ‘murdered’ as ‘out of hand’ house party with 50 guests turns to tragedy

A murder investigation has been launched after a 17-year old-boy was stabbed at a house party in the early hours.

West Yorkshire Police officers were called out to a property in Salisbury Grove, in the Armley area of Leeds, after ambulance crews desperately tried to save the teen's life.

The boy was rushed to hospital, but unfortunately pronounced dead shortly after.

READ MORE: Teen girls 'stabbed 12-year-old 30 times and filmed TikTok dance next day'

A large number of people, reported to be around 50, were attending a house party at the property at around 2.48am when officers arrived and dispersed the crowd, reports Leeds Live.

A cordon remains in place around the terraced house as forensic examinations and specialist searches continue.

Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Chief Inspector Alan Weekes, said: "The loss of a young life in such sudden and violent circumstances is an absolute tragedy, and we are treating this incident very seriously and doing everything we can to identify those responsible.

"We are continuing to support this young man’s family at what is clearly an incredibly difficult time for them, and we are committed to getting them the answers they need as we progress our enquiries.”

Police confirmed the boy had died on Sunday afternoon.

  • Putin's army facing total 'collapse' in Ukraine by end of the year, says ex-general

"Detectives from West Yorkshire Police Homicide and Major Enquiry Team are treating his death as murder," officer said in a statement.

"A scene remains in place around the address in Salisbury Grove to undergo forensic examination and specialist searches."

Residents and neighbours around the house said there were around 50 people at the party and "it got out of hand".

A man who lives across the street from where the house party was held, said: "I live opposite the house where the tragedy happened. They are new houses and have only been built a couple of months ago and this was the first party I think to be held there.

  • Killer cut out woman's heart and tried to feed it to relatives after mistaken release

"The mood was fine, music was a bit loud but everyone was enjoying themselves. I thought no more of it and went to bed. It was only in the morning when I woke up that I saw all the police and the area cordoned off.

"Sadly the first party to be held there and it’s ended in tears."

Forensic officers are still on the scene and are urging anyone with any knowledge or dash cam footage to come forward to help their investigation.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.


  • Predatory taxi driver rapist kept pencil case filled with baby oil and condoms in car
  • 'Madeleine McCann' Google search now shows photo of Polish woman rather than Brit girl
  • If King wants Harry and Meghan at Coronation 'he should invite Archie', says expert
  • Vladimir Putin officially wanted on war crimes 'for abducting children from Ukraine'
  • Speedboat driver 'Mr Safe' who took selfie before crash that killed teen is spared jail

Source: Read Full Article