World News

Killer ‘cut out and cooked woman’s heart’ after mistaken prison release

A man who ripped out and cooked a woman's heart and tried to feed it to relatives will spend the rest of his life behind bars.

Lawrence Paul Anderson from Oklahoma, US, pleaded guilty to the murder of Andrea Lynn Blankenship, 41, and also admitted to killing his uncle, Leon Pye, 67, and Pye's four-year-old granddaughter Kaeos Yates.

His aunt, Delsie Pye, 66, was also injured in the attack after she was repeatedly stabbed but survived.

READ MORE: Woman claiming to be Madeleine McCann 'threatened with legal action to shut up'

The brutal assaults took place in February 2021, just weeks after Anderson was freed from prison partway through a 20-year drug sentence after he was mistakenly recommended for release by Oklahoma’s Pardon and Parole Board.

Officials said he broke into Blankenship's house and stabbed her to death before cutting her heart out of her body.

He then took the eviscerated organ with him to the Pyes' house, where he cooked it and tried to feed it to his relatives before stabbing his victims.

He was arrested after police received a 911 call regarding his crimes.

He confessed to the killings and said he "cooked the heart with potatoes to feed to his family to release the demons," according to an agent from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.

  • Vladimir Putin officially wanted on war crimes 'for abducting children from Ukraine'

Yates' mother, Tasha, read a series of victim impact statements before Anderson's sentencing on Wednesday (March 15), at one point shouting: "Who kills a baby? Who does that?"

Other relatives of the victims said they hoped the killer would "rot from the inside out."

Prosecutor Jason Hicks initially wanted to seek the death penalty for Anderson, legal in the state of Oklahoma in some cases of first-degree murder, but this was dropped by request of the victims' families who didn't want to have to hear the gruesome details of their loved ones' deaths in court.

"They don’t want to sit in a courtroom and listen to all the gory details of what happened to their loved ones," Hicks said following the sentencing.

Instead, Anderson pleaded guilty to three counts of first-degree murder, one count of assault and battery with a deadly weapon, and one count of maiming and was handed a life sentence.

To get more stories from Daily Star delivered straight to your inbox sign up to one of our free newsletters here.


  • Detained drug cartel boss needs DNA test after claiming he's not actually El Chapo's son

  • OnlyFans activist claims she was 'almost slashed with a bull whip' in latest protest

  • 'Best friend' girls stabbed classmate, 12, 30 times and filmed TikTok dance next day

  • Influencer kidnapped by Uber driver gang who 'raped women and bled bank accounts dry'

Source: Read Full Article