A 12-year-old girl was found dead in her bedroom after filming the latest sick TikTok craze, dubbed the 'blackout challenge'.
Milagros Soto, from Capitán Bermúdez, Santa Fe Province, Argentina, recorded the incident after allegedly being urged to do the challenge in WhatsApp messages.
The youngster tried the challenge twice before tragically dying on the third occasion, reportedly by choking, on Friday (January 13), according to her devastated aunt Laura Luque.
READ MORE: 'Russia's Rambo' put on Putin's hit list after pledging support for 'Ukraine side'
Luque told local media told local media that she believes that someone encouraged the youngster to take part in the craze, also called the 'choking challenge' and the 'pass-out challenge'.
Laura said: "We are inconsolable. We gave her so much love. I believe someone encouraged her to do it."
Laura said her niece received the link to carry out the challenge in a WhatsApp chat.
She stated: "We have many doubts about everything that happened to her. She was a very smart girl.
"She suffered a lot with bullying. She told us no one wanted her at school because she was pretty with blonde hair."
A spokesperson for School 223 Tte. Gral. Pablo Ricchieri, where the victim attended, said: "We support our student's family in this terrible moment."
The school added that little Milagros was a "great student, friend, sweet, good, and kind".
To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
An investigation into the girl's death is ongoing.
The dangerous stunt has been floating around online since 2021, according to some reports. The rules dictate that participants must asphyxiate themselves until passing.
The Daily Beast reported that the challenge has killed at least 20 kids since mid-2021.
The families of two young girls who allegedly died as a result of the challenge even sued TikTok last year in a Los Angeles county superior court.
They claimed the video-sharing site's “dangerous” algorithms are to blame for their children’s deaths.
“TikTok needs to be held accountable for pushing deadly content to these two young girls,” said Matthew P Bergman, founding attorney of Social Media Victims Law Center (SMVLC).
TikTok has been contacted for comment.
Mum and daughter, 4, killed in horror car crash as they were 'walking to nursery'
Brain-altering poison sparks vicious and unprovoked seal attacks on humans
'Intoxicated' woman sues bar for serving her booze after causing £8m home explosion
Source: Read Full Article