World News

Mum sold daughter, six, for cash and a pair of training shoes

A woman sold her six-year-old daughter to a pervert she met online in exchange for cash and a pair of training shoes.

The New York Post in the US reported that the Spokane, Washington state woman, 31, was handed 23 years behind bars for sex trafficking her child.

Kylie Ruby Flores sold her little girl to a man she met on the dating site Plenty of Fish, after he promised the mother trainers, cash and a place to stay, federal prosecutors said.

READ MORE: Inside Russian torture chambers where Putin’s men 'electrocute their victim’s penises'

Flores and Trever Harder, who filmed himself raping the girl in his apartment, entered guilty pleas, according to the US Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Washington.

US attorney Vanessa Waldref said: “The facts of this case present some of the most egregious sexual abuse of a child one can imagine.

“Today’s sentence is important, but it is equally important to remember that Flores’ sentence will likely be much shorter than the lifelong impact on the child," adding: "No sentence can return the child’s innocence, but our community is now safer and stronger.”

The depraved pair committed the abuse between February 2 and July 26 last year, according to the original criminal indictment.

While the Department of Justice (DoJ) did not disclose the relationship between Flores and the child, a report from The Spokesman-Review confirmed that the little girl was Flores’s daughter.

The youngster was reportedly able to describe the abuse she faced at the hands of Harder.

Prosecutors said Harder set up a camera at his apartment to record his attack on the girl on his couch, with authorities later removing the video. Harder is awaiting sentencing after his guilty plea, officials said.

Ms Waldref said: "Thanks to an effective and co-operative investigation, she is neither missing nor murdered today – but she is not the only child in danger.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here

"Today’s sentence sends a clear message to those who seek to sexually abuse children: Justice is coming.”

According to he Daily Caller, the case was part of Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative launched in 2006 to address a growing epidemic of child sexual exploitation and abuse, the DoJ reported. Flores will be on federal supervision for the rest of her life.

READ NOW:

  • Tinder Swindler says 'I just wanted to meet some girls' as he speaks out for first time
  • Netflix fans 'physically sick' as Jeffrey Dahmer series airs disturbing cannibal scenes
  • Psychotic man beheaded pal in Paddy Power in front of terrified staff
  • Lags become TikTok famous after smuggling phones into prison to show talent
  • American school told raffling off guns in tombola is 'not the best look'

Source: Read Full Article