World News

Funeral home worker, 71, told he’s ‘dead’ and has already been buried in grave

Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to the Daily Star’s newsletter

We have more newsletters

A man in Malaysia found out he was dead after he tried to file a report to the police.

Low Choo Choon, who works in the funeral industry, was told of his "death" after he tried to hand in a deed about a grave site.

The hearse driver, 71, and his wife had owned two grave sites for around 20 years but had decided to give them to someone else.

READ MORE: Bloke told he can't register for new ID card because he's been dead for 25 years

For financial reasons, the couple decided to go for cremation instead and were looking to transfer their sites to a relative.

During the process though, Low realised he had lost the paperwork and headed to the police station to file a report, FMT reports.

He was turned away, however, because officers at the station said his status was currently deceased.

Low went to the national registration department, known as the JPN, to file a complaint where he was told the department would sort his status within two weeks. However, at the time of writing Low is still ‘dead’.

He has been struggling for answers, even recruiting the help of his son-in-law but with no luck.

There are a lot of challenges that come with being dead. He has struggled to renew his road tax, been unable to vote and now he is even concerned his bank accounts could get shut down.

  • Evil killer learned to 'pop out eyes' as a child and used taxidermy skills for murders

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here .

Speaking at a press conference with politician Wong Bor Yang, he said: “I have been working at a funeral home for so many years but I never thought that I would be listed as ‘dead’.

“If my [status] does not get updated, I worry that my bank account and assets will get frozen.”

Low managed to get Wong’s help a month ago but the challenges haven’t stopped there. The two men were due to meet with the JPN’s investigations team this week but the meeting was cancelled after the director had to isolate.

The paperwork is now understood to have been passed on, and Low will hope that sooner rather than later he can return to the land of the living.


  • Russia and China 'prepared to go further' with AI weapons for WW3 advantage, expert says
  • Monkey 'gang' member hunted down and killed after terrorising town and wreaking havoc
  • First pic of man and woman charged after Liverpool city centre sex video goes viral
  • Evil dad Chris Watts reveals shocking truth behind killing family in sickening letters
  • Police raid Chinese man's house after dodgy laptop leads to porn studio bust
  • Family
  • Police

Source: Read Full Article