Don’t miss a thing by getting the Daily Star’s biggest headlines straight to your inbox!
The Queen has been forced to cancel her royal trip to Northern Ireland on medical advice.
The 95-year-old monarch has “reluctantly accepted medical advice to rest for the next few days”, Buckingham Palace said.
A statement read: "The Queen has reluctantly accepted medical advice to rest for the next few days.
"Her Majesty is in good spirits and is disappointed that she will no longer be able to visit Northern Ireland, where she had been due to undertake a series of engagements today and tomorrow.
"The Queen sends her warmest good wishes to the people of Northern Ireland, and looks forward to visiting in the future."
The monarch had been due to arrive in Belfast today for a series of public engagements. It was due to be her first trip to Northern Ireland in five years, last visiting in 2016 with her late husband Prince Philip.
Royal sources confirmed that the Queen's illness is not "Covid related".
The Queen is said to be "resting" at Windsor Castle, where she has spent much of the last 19 months after being evacuated from Buckingham Palace in March last year due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Thomas Markle says Meghan was 'full of praise' for him in old deleted blog posts
She has recently been seen walking with a stick at public engagements for the first time.
The monarch is still expected at this stage to attend events linked to the COP26 climate change conference in Glasgow, which begins on October 31.
Last night, the Queen welcomed billionaire business leaders, presidential envoys and tech entrepreneurs to Windsor Castle for a reception following a government investment summit.
Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates was among the guests invited to the Queen's Berkshire home after the day-long conference in London aimed at encouraging foreign funding by showcasing the best of British innovation.
Source: Read Full Article