World News

McDonald’s customer ‘shaken’ after finding slug in fries delivered by Uber Eats

A "disgusted" customer has been "put off McDonald's for life" after she claims to have discovered a live slug slithering around in her fries.

Nyra-Rose Muir had ordered her meal from McDonald's in Dagenham Leisure Park, east London, on Thursday night when she went to take another handful of fries from inside the bag.

The 19-year-old was already halfway through her meal when she felt something cold on her fingers, presuming it was a red onion from her burger.

But as she looked more closely, the grisly intruder began to move and realised it was a slimy, live slug.

The horrified singer threw it back into the bag and disposed of the food, but felt sick soon after.

Now she says she has been left "shaken" and vowed never to eat at McDonald's again.

The customer claims the Uber Eats driver left her meal momentarily on her doorstep and spoke to her from outside the gate.

Photos appear to show the package was sealed so she believes the slug was already in there.

McDonald's apologised to Nyra-Rose from Barking, east London, but said they were "unable to find anything to suggest the product was contaminated with the foreign object in the restaurant"

  • Woman burnt in chemical attack undergoes transformation with face transplant

She said: "I'm still shaken about it. It's disgusting.

"I started eating a few chips. I picked up a stack of three or four chips and I felt something cold on my hand and I looked at it.

"It looked like a red onion. When I saw it move, I immediately threw it in the bag. I've never felt so disgusted in my life.

  • Thugs torture football coach, carve 'nonce' into his back and set him alight

"I'd eaten half of the meal before I noticed this. I don't know if I ate some chips with slime on it, but all I know is afterwards I felt a bit sick.

"It's put me off McDonald's for life. I'll stick to KFC from now on."

She had asked her friend to order some food for her and when the Uber Eats delivery arrived and claims it was sealed with a sticker and looked unopened.

"When I've gone to open the door, the food was sitting on the floor, on my doorstep and the delivery driver was outside of the gate.

"He said a fox had scared him off and he'd left the food there.

"I said 'okay'. I know because of coronavirus you're not meant to directly hand the food to the customers anyway.

"As I took the food, I noticed my drink was leaking and I obviously opened the cup and it was halfway full. As I went to get my food, it was cold. I took it upstairs and I was still eating it.

"I've no idea how it got in there. I feel like it came from the restaurant because there's no way it could've got into the bag. It was all sealed up."

After calling the branch and allegedly being told there was nothing they could do, Nyra-Rose then posted on social media to her "disgusted" followers.

Nyra-Rose said: "I called the Dagenham McDonald's and they said there was nothing they could do. They told me to email and I've had no response back.

"Online, everyone was disgusted. They're like 'I'm off McDonald's'."

A spokesperson for McDonald's said: "We are sorry to hear about this customer's experience.

"Food safety is of the utmost importance to us and we place great emphasis on quality control, following rigorous standards in order to avoid any imperfections.

"Having conducted an investigation at restaurant-level, we've been unable to find anything to suggest the product was contaminated with the foreign object in the restaurant.

"Our Customer Services Team has contacted the customer to apologise and to help find a resolution."

Uber Eats was contacted for comment.

Source: Read Full Article