World News

Neighbour from hell stamped on disabled woman as witness heard ‘bones crunching’

A nightmare neighbour pinned down a disabled woman on her own doorstep and stamped on her – after stabbing her sister in a previous attack.

Lian Clayton, 25, carried out the vicious assault in St Helens, Merseyside.

Prior to the attack, she’d received a message from her neighbour’s daughter – telling her to leave her mum alone.

Clayton then turned up at Karren Bradshaw’s house and asked “where’s that fat b******?”

Mrs Bradshaw responded that she didn’t live with her daughter before she was set upon, the Liverpool Echo reports.

Clayton dragged her out of her home and repeatedly punched her, before pinning her down and stamping on her ribcage.

She suffered a broken nose, extensive bruising to her face and significant damage to her eyesight.

A neighbour said she "heard the sounds of bones crunching" as the woman was "screaming in pain".

Liverpool Crown Court heard Clayton had earlier "stabbed her sister" and was convicted of wounding at a youth court in 2010.

In an interview after the latest attack, Clayton claimed she was acting in "self defence" but later admitted assault causing actual bodily harm.

  • Emotional support dog rescued after getting lost in New York City subway tunnels

Mrs Bradshaw said she had been left "frightened" and was attacked "for no reason whatsoever".

Three months later, mum and daughter Mary and Lian Clayton burgled Mrs Boyd and her husband, relying on his kind-hearted nature to carry out their crime.

While Mrs Boyd was in hospital "receiving treatment for a fall”, Clayton and Mary went to Mr Boyd's home and asked for help claiming they had locked themselves out.

  • Cops ramp up patrols after four child abduction attempts including Line of Duty star’s son

He fetched ladders to help them and noticed their backdoor was open but "didn't think anything of it".

After returning from visiting his wife in hospital, Mr Boyd discovered his wife's prescription medication, including morphine, house keys, car keys and food missing from his home.

He then watched CCTV footage he had installed, because of "recent problems with the Claytons", and saw the pair use the ladders and Mary climb into his bedroom window.

Nick Cockrell, defending, asked the judge to consider Clayton’s mental health issues and the current impact of coronavirus in prisons.

The court heard she had been diagnosed with severe emotionally unstable personality disorder and "severe complex PTSD", both of which a doctor had found "contributed towards her behaviour in terms of the assault".

The judge, Recorder Robert Lazarus, went on to explain that Clayton was "essentially homeless".

He said she would receive help from authorities when released on licence as part of a custodial sentence.

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

Clayton was jailed for 10 months and three weeks for assault and burglary.

Mary Clayton, sentenced at an earlier hearing, was handed an eight-month sentence suspended for 18 months for burglary and assaulting an emergency worker in a separate incident.

A two-year restraining order preventing the Claytons from contacting Mr and Mrs Boyd and an indefinite restraining order preventing them from contacting Mrs Bradshaw were imposed.

Source: Read Full Article