Police broke up ugly scenes on British beaches after sun-seeking Covidiots started brawling on packed shores in the south west.
Shocked witnesses claimed at least four groups of youths clashed on Exmouth beach shortly after 6.30pm on Friday.
Up to seven police vehicles and two ambulances attended the scene following reports of breaches of social distancing rules.
One eye witness has reported at least four groups consisting of 10-plus people at Orcombe Point, which were being broken up by officers.
He added that there were also a number of police vehicles at the town's train station.
Another witness described the scene as a 'mass gathering' and said there were two police vans and four or five cars in attendance.
Devon and Cornwall Police said they were called about a large number of people on the UNESCO World Heritage site Jurassic coast.
Witnesses at the scene reported as many as seven police vehicles, as well as two ambulances, DevonLive reports.
The police said no injuries have been reported as yet.
"We first got a call at 6.34pm to a report of a large gathering of mainly youths which we are dealing with and trying to disperse," said the police force incident manager (FIM).
"There are no suggestions of any injuries at this time, although there are reports of fighting.
"We are looking at general disorder, as well as potential Covid breaches."
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
Lockdown restrictions were eased at the start of the week, meaning people were allowed outside for non-essential travel.
But that has led to fears over people abusing the easing of restrictions, potentially leading to another surge in cases.
Two parks in Nottingham are now shut following shocking images earlier this week showing people fighting, littering and failing to socially distance.
Health Secretary Matt Hancock earlier this week urged people to not 'blow it now', asking people to continue to obey the rules that are in place.
Source: Read Full Article