Illustration: Eniola Odetunde/Axios
- Global: Total confirmed cases as of 3 a.m. ET: 29,868,230 — Total deaths: 940,716— Total recoveries: 20,319,215 — Map
- U.S.: Total confirmed cases as of 3 a.m. ET: 6,630,890 — Total deaths: 196,802 — Total recoveries: 2,525,573 — Total tests: 90,710,730 — Map
- Politics: Trump contradicts CDC chief on when vaccine will be widely available — Biden: "I trust vaccines, I trust scientists, but I don’t trust Donald Trump" — McEnany says herd immunity has never been White House strategy, despite Trump comments — Trump blames "blue states" for high coronavirus cases in U.S.
- Health: Top health agency spokesperson takes leave of absence after accusing scientists of "sedition" — CDC director suggests face masks offer more protection than vaccine would.
- Sports: Big Ten to resume football season in October — MLB announces a double-bubble postseason.
What should I do? Axios asked the experts:
- Which states mandate face coverings
- When you can be around others after contracting the coronavirus
- Traveling, asthma, dishes, disinfectants and being contagious
- Masks, lending books and self-isolating
- Exercise, laundry, what counts as soap
- Pets, moving and personal health
- Answers about the virus from Axios experts
- What to know about social distancing
- How to minimize your risk
- CDC on how to avoid the virus
- What to do if you get it
- The right mask to wear
Subscribe to Mike Allen's Axios AM to follow our coronavirus coverage each morning from your inbox.
Source: Read Full Article