World News

Woman, 34, dies after inhaling fumes from bleach while scrubbing bathroom floor

A mum has been left shocked after the death of her daughter who collapsed while cleaning her bathroom floor after by inhaling fumes of bleach.

Celia Seymour inhaled bleach as she scrubbed her bathroom floor.

She began to have difficulty breathing when she had finished scrubbing and had to be taken to hospital, reports My London.

The 34-year-old was rushed from her Feltham home by emergency services.

Mum, Julie Felon, is now urging others not to mix bleach with other cleaning products.

It is believed this is what Celia had been doing prior to her collapse.

Julie said the fire service confirmed the two cleaning products – bleach and another which may have been toilet cleaner – had reacted, producing a gas and triggering a severe asthma attack.

She pleaded with others not to take a similar risk.

"I am still in a state of disbelief," Julie said.

"I can’t believe she has gone. She was only just starting her life and it was taken away from her."

Her car-mad daughter, who she said was always bubbly, had fallen in with the wrong crowd when she was younger, but in recent years she had turned her life around.

"I have seen a great change in her since she met Peter and the team," she added.

"She turned into a more responsible person and did come across [as] the most happy she had been in years. I really appreciate everything they did for her.

"Heaven has gained an angel. What else can I say?"

  • 'Healthy' woman, 24, dies suddenly of SADS during dream trip to Australia

Celia, who used to be known as Leah Seymour, was the manager of Atlantico Hand Car Wash, in Betchworth, in Surrey.

The owner of the car wash said she was like family.

Peter Seferi has since changed its name to Celia’s Hand Car Wash in tribute and customers have been leaving flowers there in memory of her.

"When someone dies people say nothing but good things about them, but – on my children's lives – I could not say a bad thing about that girl," he said.

"She was wonderful. We have got a memorial book here for her and people who were strangers have come in and left flowers for her. We are speechless really.

"If you called her at three in the morning saying you needed help, she would be there. She would go out of her way to help anyone.

"I don’t feel like coming to work any more; I just feel like I am looking [around], like 'where is she?'

"I just can't come to terms with it. When my first child was born it was me and her who went to collect my wife and son, she was like my right-hand person."

Mr Seferi was with her when she collapsed at her home in Feltham on July 19.

"I called her and said I would be down at the house in about five minutes," he continued.

"She said, 'I am just running upstairs to bleach the bathroom so I will leave the door open for you'.

"I got there in less than five minutes, the smell was powerful, I could feel it in my chest. We went outside and we were talking like normal."

Within minutes however, Miss Seymour was struggling to breathe and asked Mr Seferi to call an ambulance.

When she collapsed, he started CPR with the guidance of an emergency call handler.

Miss Seymour was later placed in an induced coma.

She died four days later.

An inquest into Miss Seymour’s death was opened and adjourned on Tuesday, August 4.

Source: Read Full Article